- At the International airport, you can take one of the hourly flights to Ambergris Caye. You can take either Maya Island Air or Tropic Air. They leave every hour, the flight takes about 20 minutes and costs about $125USD round trip.
- Once on the island, you need to get to your hotel. It could be a short walk across the street or a $5 USD taxi ride a few miles south or north or, if you are staying north of the bridge, you often need to take a taxi cab to a water taxi to bring your destination. Going up north could take anywhere from 20 minutes to hours if you need to wait for the next water taxi.
The view out the window is fantastic also. A great way to see all the islands on your way to Ambergris Caye.
- This is your cheapest option. And can make sense if you have the time and if you are part of a larger group.
- Leave the International Airport and take a taxi cab to Belize City proper and to one of the water taxi terminals depending on your schedule. This should cost about $25 USD. A boat leaves every hour to hour and a half so you might have to wait.
- Take the water taxi to San Pedro. This costs about $55bzd round trip (or $27USD) and takes an hour and 15 minutes. For the schedules see: Caye Caulker Water Taxi and San Pedro Belize Express.
- Once on the island, you need to get to your hotel (same process as above).
- When you arrive at the International Airport, you will be met by someone with a sign with your name on it. You will take a short 3-5 minute shuttle ride to a restaurant called The Oar House in Ladyville where you will board the boat on the river. The boats are 40 person water taxi type boats.
- On the trip, you enjoy free refreshments and rum punch and a little music.
- An hour and 15 minutes – 45 minutes later (depending on your location) you are dropped off on your dock.
- The price is $75USD one way or $125USD round trip.
And quickly…here is the sun coming up by Banyan Bay today. The winds of yesterday have died down and today should be a beautiful mix of sun and clouds.