Day Pass for One At Dreamy Matachica Resort
About 4.5 miles north of San Pedro town is an island paradise: Matachica Resort. Small, gorgeous cabanas in bright colors…each named after a fruit…sprinkled along hundreds of feet of some of Ambergris Caye’s most beautiful sandy white beach.
I’ve wanted to stay at Matachica ever since I first saw the very boutique-y resort…maybe 10 years back? I’ve admired the gorgeous dock and the perfect beach for ages.
You may remember it from: 10 Belize Resorts Where You are Most Likely to Mingle with the Rich and Famous
I mean I am fully obsessed with the dock.
So when I saw that they were doing Day Passes? PERFECT! I can spend some time lounging on the beach! Test out the pool. Have lunch in the beautiful restaurant.
PERFECT for a special holiday treat for well…me. But how about this – for you and your bestie to celebrate 2021? Or if you are visiting the island and staying at a rental house or in town – for a fabulous resort day with lots of delicious cocktails or perhaps a massage?
Here is one drink…or two from the cocktail menu – check it out…they all sound so good. Ginger beer and homemade clove liqueur!
LEMONGRASS FEVER COLLINS: Kokonut Rum, Green Chartreuse, lemongrass tea, fresh lime, sugar, Angostura bitters.
The fee (and I will list all the information at the bottom of this post) – $100US for one person and $150US for a couple (a “couple-couple”, friends, mother & daughter) – gains you access to Matachica for the day and is credit for the restaurant, for drinks at the bar and for the SPA.
Before I list the details, here are my pictures from my late morning/afternoon at Matachica.
The outside “Tree Bar” that opens when things are a bit busier…for now, the inside bar will do.
I lounged on the beach…I had delicious fish tacos for lunch (though I was SO close to ordering the Lobster BLT)…followed by some homemade uber-Coffee Ice Cream. And a delicious not-too-sweet lime juice.
And then a bit more time enjoying the pool….
Note: I did not try these submerged lounge chairs OR the spa so clearly…I need to return.
Don’t forget the small print 🙂 All of the information is here on the website.
- $100 usd for a single pass or $150 usd for a couples pass (which can be any two people!)
- Email to [email protected] or call Matachica reservations at 226-5014. Purchase the pass, then let us know the day you plan to redeem on site.
- Full credit issued to be redeemed at either Jade Spa or Mambo Restaurant, or a combination of both! Any balance due at the end of your time at the resort will simply be charged at the front desk before you leave.
- The pass gives you access to pool chairs, beach chairs, and full food and drink service.
- The pass does not include the use of islets on the dock, paddleboards or kayaks.
- Tax is included, but the pass does not include the 15% service fee, which goes directly to staff.
- No cash back on any unused portion of the day pass.