Date/Time: Wednesday, January 15th, 2014 - Monday, January 20th, 2014, All Day
Learning how to make cheese is not only a science, but an art. And for Ian Anderson at Caves Branch Jungle Lodge, it is another adventure! Join artisanal cheesemakers Dr. Larry and Linda Faillace for an exciting cheese making course under the jungle canopy.
Whether you love to eat great cheese and want to know more, or have a desire to make cheese at home for friends and family, or want to pursue cheesemaking as a career, these classes are designed to help you attain a deeper understanding of the secrets of cheese making. And when you’re not in class, explore the Caves Branch Jungle lodge and participate in exciting jungle tours.
Our artisanal cheesemaking course is ideal for the home cheesemaker and anyone considering small-scale commercial cheese production. In three fun-filled days, you will learn how four ingredients and basic kitchen equipment can be used to create hundreds of exquisite cheeses. By the end of the class, our students will be able to pick up any cheese recipe and know how to successfully make that cheese.
Cheese Making Course package includes:
- Complimentary drinks upon arrival
- 5 nights accommodations in one of our Jungle Bungalows with optional upgrades to the TreeHouses.
- All meals from Dinner on day of arrival to Breakfast on day of departure (5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 5 dinners)
- 1 full day or 2 x ½ day Caves Branch Adventure (as organized by the program directors)
- Cheese Making Adventures… 3 full days of cheese making course instruction, hands on cheese making, all required literature, materials and equipment with instruction by Larry and Linda Faillace.
- Full use of Caves Branch facilities hot tub, swimming pools and personalized walking tours through the 15 acre botanical gardens and orchid gardens.
Price: US$1,108.00 per person based on double occupancy
Additional pricing available for single occupancy, upgrade to Treehouses and accompanying partner who is not taking cheesemaking course.
Additional nights of stay and activities can be arranged at the Caves Branch Jungle Lodge or at our Beach Resort. Please inquire at [email protected].