For the last few months, I’ve been working on a book. After 8 years of blogging about Belize, over 12 years living on Ambergris Caye and almost 2000 posts on my blog, SanPedroScoop.com, it STILL took me four months to put it together…but here it is! The guide book I would LOVE to have whenKeep reading »
My very first blog post over 8 years ago featured photos of this very Carnival. Very very bad photos. It is the yearly festival on Ambergris Caye – that often coincides with the San Pedro Lobster Festival – that honors our town saint. San Pedro. Or St Peter. The patron saint of fisherman. Here areKeep reading »
Or locally – Wadda gwan Scoop? Mostly THIS! A book! But let me back up a bit first. Today is the first season of Lobster Festival. Over a week of festivities celebrating Belize’s favorite crustacean. (Least favorite? Mine are sea lice. Though barnacles really REALLY creep me out.) For those of you who are notKeep reading »
Some of my favorite Scoops!
Where Should I Begin?
I post a bunch…perhaps too much and there is a ton of information on this site. Some useful to you, some not. So let me list a few posts that might help you find what you are looking for…
- Locations (Belize’s different areas and a description)
- The Belize Bucket List (Stuff to Do!)
- Belize is SO Different. Here’s Why…
- 15 Things No One Told You About Moving to Belize
- My Eight Craziest Adventures in Belize
- Best Beaches on Ambergris Caye
- My Guide to Secret Beach – Ambergris Caye’s HOTTEST spot
- Money! Conversion, Cash or Credit, Tipping and More
- Your Complete Packing Guide for Belize
While some plan a trip to Belize to just lay in a hammock, drink a frozen cocktail and relax, most like to take advantage of all the activities Belize has to offer. Whether it’s mainland trips to the ruins or jungle, repelling down waterfalls, visiting the Belize Zoo or snorkeling the reef, there are plenty of things to do for people of all ages and all levels of thirst for adventure.