Caye Caulker – only a 25-minute water taxi ride from San Pedro, Belize – operates at a very different pace. This island motto – is taken quite seriously… You’ll see the signs around the village and rastas suggest it to me often as I walk a bit too fast. Caye Caulker is ABSOLUTELY beautiful –Keep reading »
After a few grey WINDY days, the clouds parted…the winds slowed and TAH DAH! The perfect Sunday. Temperature about 78 degrees. (And it’s looking like a beautiful week. Perfect since I’m heading to Caye Caulker for two nights.) No more hanging around the house – it’s time to GET OUT! First thing Sunday morning isKeep reading »
Belize food is delicious – and often surprises visitors who know little about Belizean cuisine. Many Belizean dishes are also relatively simple. Often a limited number of basic ingredients. Simple but not easy – or at least not to me. I was reminded of that the other day when I took a second to lookKeep reading »
Some of my favorite Scoops!
Where Should I Begin?
I post a bunch…perhaps too much and there is a ton of information on this site. Some useful to you, some not. So let me list a few posts that might help you find what you are looking for…
- Locations (Belize’s different areas and a description)
- The Belize Bucket List (Stuff to Do!)
- Belize is SO Different. Here’s Why…
- 15 Things No One Told You About Moving to Belize
- My Eight Craziest Adventures in Belize
- Best Beaches on Ambergris Caye
- My Guide to Secret Beach – Ambergris Caye’s HOTTEST spot
- Money! Conversion, Cash or Credit, Tipping and More
- Your Complete Packing Guide for Belize
While some plan a trip to Belize to just lay in a hammock, drink a frozen cocktail and relax, most like to take advantage of all the activities Belize has to offer. Whether it’s mainland trips to the ruins or jungle, repelling down waterfalls, visiting the Belize Zoo or snorkeling the reef, there are plenty of things to do for people of all ages and all levels of thirst for adventure.