Things are slowing down on Ambergris Caye – the sun feels hotter, the air more humid and tourists are starting to wane. I spent a few days at “the camp” this week – my home away from home. We had a group of 6 visiting from Costa Rica – guys who do A LOT ofKeep reading »
The SanPedroScoop is a one-woman operation – my viewpoint all the time – but yesterday I received a detailed trip report from a recent visitor. And since I’ve been on the island for 12 years – I am completely UNABLE to see Ambergris Caye for the very first time. That seems obvious but it’s reallyKeep reading »
Last Wednesday night, our BELOVED pitbull-potlicker mix tripod lay on our bed listless…with a hazy unfocused look in her eye. We texted her vet at the San Pedro Animal Hospital (SPAH) – and checked the phone for a response throughout the night. Checking the phone and checking to see if Elsie was still breathing. TheKeep reading »
Some of my favorite Scoops!
Where Should I Begin?
I post a bunch…perhaps too much and there is a ton of information on this site. Some useful to you, some not. So let me list a few posts that might help you find what you are looking for…
- Locations (Belize’s different areas and a description)
- The Belize Bucket List (Stuff to Do!)
- Belize is SO Different. Here’s Why…
- 15 Things No One Told You About Moving to Belize
- My Eight Craziest Adventures in Belize
- Best Beaches on Ambergris Caye
- My Guide to Secret Beach – Ambergris Caye’s HOTTEST spot
- Money! Conversion, Cash or Credit, Tipping and More
- Your Complete Packing Guide for Belize
While some plan a trip to Belize to just lay in a hammock, drink a frozen cocktail and relax, most like to take advantage of all the activities Belize has to offer. Whether it’s mainland trips to the ruins or jungle, repelling down waterfalls, visiting the Belize Zoo or snorkeling the reef, there are plenty of things to do for people of all ages and all levels of thirst for adventure.