Update 10:35 am, August 4th: The 10 am press conference is underway – it is being held by Dr Manzanero, Belize’s Director of Epidemiology. They are telling Belize to GET SERIOUS about distancing, reporting illness, and masks. This is NOT a time to take it easy and party before the airport opens on August 15th.Keep reading »
I hope this does not come as a shock to anyone but Belize is in the tropics and…the secret is out! We, Belize, have bugs that bite or sting or just suck a bit of your blood. We also have about 1000 reasons that you should want to get to Belize as soon as youKeep reading »
For WEEKS, I have been mildly obsessed with these strange rubbery blocks that I’ve found on Ambergris Caye. There is one just a few hundred feet north of us – I saw one just a bit north of that. And then my curiosity was LIT ON FIRE when we spotted one about 15 miles northKeep reading »
Some of my favorite Scoops!
Where Should I Begin?
I post a bunch…perhaps too much and there is a ton of information on this site. Some useful to you, some not. So let me list a few posts that might help you find what you are looking for…
- Locations (Belize’s different areas and a description)
- The Belize Bucket List (Stuff to Do!)
- Belize is SO Different. Here’s Why…
- 15 Things No One Told You About Moving to Belize
- My Eight Craziest Adventures in Belize
- Best Beaches on Ambergris Caye
- My Guide to Secret Beach – Ambergris Caye’s HOTTEST spot
- Money! Conversion, Cash or Credit, Tipping and More
- Your Complete Packing Guide for Belize
While some plan a trip to Belize to just lay in a hammock, drink a frozen cocktail and relax, most like to take advantage of all the activities Belize has to offer. Whether it’s mainland trips to the ruins or jungle, repelling down waterfalls, visiting the Belize Zoo or snorkeling the reef, there are plenty of things to do for people of all ages and all levels of thirst for adventure.