My best friend is in town and though she has been here quite a few times before… and even though she knows and loves the island of Ambergris Caye…I knew it would be fun to spend one of her first few nights at one of the most beautiful resorts on the island – Las TerrazasKeep reading »
Ambergris Caye is a large island – over 25 miles in total length – where the population for the most part, resides in a very small area. (Estimates range from 15 to 30 thousand depending on who you talk to) San Pedro town (you can see the location in the Google map below) is theKeep reading »
Grand Caribe Resort, the largest resort on Ambergris Caye*, seems to be in permanent expansion mode. The development, located about 2 miles north of San Pedro town, broke ground the very year I first visited Belize…though a few months later in December of 2006. * GC and Mahogany Bay Village are both large and growing. Keep reading »
Some of my favorite Scoops!
Where Should I Begin?
I post a bunch…perhaps too much and there is a ton of information on this site. Some useful to you, some not. So let me list a few posts that might help you find what you are looking for…
- Locations (Belize’s different areas and a description)
- The Belize Bucket List (Stuff to Do!)
- Belize is SO Different. Here’s Why…
- 15 Things No One Told You About Moving to Belize
- My Eight Craziest Adventures in Belize
- Best Beaches on Ambergris Caye
- My Guide to Secret Beach – Ambergris Caye’s HOTTEST spot
- Money! Conversion, Cash or Credit, Tipping and More
- Your Complete Packing Guide for Belize
While some plan a trip to Belize to just lay in a hammock, drink a frozen cocktail and relax, most like to take advantage of all the activities Belize has to offer. Whether it’s mainland trips to the ruins or jungle, repelling down waterfalls, visiting the Belize Zoo or snorkeling the reef, there are plenty of things to do for people of all ages and all levels of thirst for adventure.